- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2015 The Expedition Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $15
Best Buy! This Walla Walla winery owned by Precept Wine went beyond its namesake vineyard in the Horse Heaven Hills, but it stayed within the company and the appellation by relying heavily on The Benches – a few miles upstream along the Columbia River — for this bottling. There’s a hint at the influence of Syrah through this Cab-dominated bottling as the nose moves from blueberry, salumi and smoky sage toward flavors of more blueberry and black cherry. Chocolate, fresh mint and cherry skins in the finish reveal the restraint shown in the cellar in terms of both oak and tannin management.
Production: 22,000 cases