- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Adega Northwest 2014 Weinbau Vineyard Block 10 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $36
One of Washington state’s older vineyards, Weinbau, has become a central figure in the early bottlings by Portland sommelier Bradford Cowin, and the 26 months in 40 percent new French oak helps develops a charming profile. Black cherry and blueberry aromas include cinnamon toast and cedar with fresh mint. Cherry and cranberry-blueberry juice flavors make for a pleasing structure that allows for cigar box notes in the finish. These wines are available online, as well as the Urban Crush Cooperative in the tasting room in Portland, by the glass at the Ringside Fish House in Portland and by the bottle at Southfork Restaurant.
Production: 150 cases