- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2015 The Explorer Red Wine, Horse Heaven Hills, $22
Napa Valley native Bill Murray elevated the red wine programs at both Sawtooth Estate Winery in the Snake River Valley and then Canoe Ridge Vineyard during his time at Precept Wine. The record-warm 2015 vintage allowed him to dial up the percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon (44%) in this blend with Syrah (26%), Merlot (20%) and Cabernet Franc, which pulls from Precept’s three sites in the Horse Heaven Hills — Alder Ridge, Canoe Ridge and The Benches. Aromas of black cherry, plum, cedar and classic HHH dust leads to accessible flavors of black cherry, toffee and toast. Well-managed tannins is joined by red currant juice and vanilla bean in the finish, making for a delicious and easy-to-enjoy bottle of red wine. Fortunately, Murray quadrupled production over the 2014 vintage.
Production: 5,000 cases