- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2015 The Explorer Red Wine, Horse Heaven Hills, $22
Napa Valley native Bill Murray elevated the red wine programs at both Sawtooth Estate Winery in the Snake River Valley and then Canoe Ridge Vineyard during his time at Precept Wine. The record-warm 2015 vintage allowed him to dial up the percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon (44%) in this blend with Syrah (26%), Merlot (20%) and Cabernet Franc, which pulls from Precept’s three sites in the Horse Heaven Hills — Alder Ridge, Canoe Ridge and The Benches. Aromas of black cherry, plum, cedar and classic HHH dust leads to accessible flavors of black cherry, toffee and toast. Well-managed tannins is joined by red currant juice and vanilla bean in the finish, making for a delicious and easy-to-enjoy bottle of red wine. Fortunately, Murray quadrupled production over the 2014 vintage.
Production: 5,000 cases