- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Waterbrook Winery 2017 Melange Founder’s White Blend, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! John Freeman and his team invest a fair bit of time and fun in stitching together this seven-variety, off-dry and aromatic blend that leads with Sauvignon Blanc (30%), Muscat (29%) and Riesling (14%) that pulls from several sites, including Precept’s Canyon Vineyard Ranch near Prosser. Aromas are reminiscent of a bowl of fruit salad with lavender, and there’s a match on the palate that picks up jasmine, lychee, pear and Key Lime pie. That burst of acidity and hint of spice easily balances the 1% residual sugar. Enjoy on the deck with a nice chill and some grilled shrimp off the barbecue.
Production: 2,300 cases