- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Boomtown by Dusted Valley 2015 Syrah, Washington, $19
These wines are viewed as “little brothers” to the Dusted Valley Vintners lineup, and fruit from the bountiful Wahluke Slope is the secret sauce for the winemaking trio of Chad Johnson, Corey Braunel and Griffin Frey. Aromas of blueberry, huckleberry, elderberry, light toast, tar and clove are matched on the vibrant palate. The injection of Grenache (4%) adds to the acidity, which leads into the finish of sweet herbs and blueberry cola.
Production: 1,500 cases