- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Plaisance Ranch 2015 Cabernet Franc, Applegate Valley, $30
Southern Oregon dairyman-turned-vintner Joe Ginet focuses on his estate Cabernet Franc on clone 4, and the work that he does in his vineyard near historic Jacksonville allows him to present the food-friendly finesse many Francophiles seek. Red plum and red currant aromas and flavors are joined by sweet herbs. It’s balanced within a lighter style that’s nicely textured and comes with delicious acidity.
Production: 200 cases