- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Ruby Vineyard and Winery 2015 Estate Blend Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, $45
Steve Hendricks and Flora Habibi purchased Beran Vineyard in 2012, a site south of Hillsboro, Ore., that’s home to plantings that date back to 1973. Their winemaker, Andrew Kirkland, blended clones of Pommard, Wädenswil and Dijon 115 harvested during a hot vintage on Sept. 14-15 for a fruit-forward and robust theme of black cherry and black currant. Pleasing oak spice from 10 months in neutral French barrels melds with raspberry acidity on the midpalate and a long finish of plum skins and Western serviceberry.
Production: 700 cases