- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Reininger Winery 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $50
Two vineyards in the southern part of the Walla Walla Valley, famed Pepper Bridge and young SeVein planting XL, are brought together by Chuck Reininger for a rustic, Old World-style take on Cab. Purple fruit notes of Bing cherry and blackberry stand out in front of a profile of sweet, yet sturdy tannins joined by bright pomegranate acidity and roasted coffee beans in the finish. These wines are available both at the Walla Walla tasting room and the Helix by Reininger satellite tasting room in Spokane, which is a stone’s throw from The Davenport.
Production: 689 cases