- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Obelisco Estate 2014 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon BDX, Red Mountain, $50
The late Doug Long helped his parents and brothers make history in the Napa Valley with David Arthur Vineyards prior to investing in vineyards on Red Mountain in 2004. This bottle showcases his collaboration with Red Mountain winemaker Pete Hedges. It opens up with aromas of blackberry, dark cherry, eucalyptus and peach tea, with a bit of an earthy element reminiscent of raspberry bramble. The palate delivers a lush, full, juicy dose of cassis and blackberry, while tannins work in the background and a bit of white pepper settles in the lovely finish. Obelisco Estate’s flagship wine was awarded a double gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 1,000 cases