- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Le Cadeau Vineyard 2016 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $35
Known as “The Red Label,” winemakers Jim Sanders and Steve Ryan collaborate on this kaleidoscopic view of five blocks on the Mortimers’s Le Cadeau Vineyard estate in the southern Chehalem Mountains. Lots from Côte Est, Diversité, Équinoxe, Rocheux and Merci are blended into a youthful and cheerful expression of Pinot Noir that focuses on fruit. Its enjoyably complex structure moves from raspberry syrup and strawberry jam to cherry-skin tannins. A bit of mint and elderberry makes for a long finish.
Production: 248 cases