- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Christopher Bridge Cellars 2015 Satori Springs Estate Vineyard Reserve Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $55
The Carlberg family has transformed its multi-generational Westwind Farm south of Oregon City into 20-year-old Satori Springs Vineyard, and educator-turned-winemaker Chris Carlberg uses 100 percent free-run juice for this crowd-pleasing Pinot Noir from the warmest vintage on record. There’s little sign of oak influence to this melange of five clones, allowing for a young and vibrant array of plum, pomegranate, blueberry and ground pepper aromas. Bing cherry pie crust and cranberry sauce arrive on the palate, along with orange oil and clove, making for a lengthy finish. And Christopher Bridge is a proud supporter of Doctors Without Borders.
Production: 200 cases