- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Alexana Winery 2017 Revana Vineyard Riesling, Dundee Hills $32
This marked the first vintage in which Oregon State grad Bryan Weil took over the head winemaking duties from renowned Lynn Penner-Ash. The Dundee Hills are famous for Pinot Noir, but Weil, whose résumé includes Constellation’s Columbia Valley giant Hogue Cellars, shows a deft touch with Riesling, too. His work with Alexana owner Dr. Madaiah Revana’s vineyard yields a barely off-dry version that sports a complex set of citrus flavors reminiscent of lemon, lime and Mandarin orange. That combination offers delicious acidity while allowing for some minerality in the background. This earned a gold medal at the 2018 Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition, and it signals the second straight vintage for one of our panels awarding it our top rating.
Production: 650 cases