- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Ryan Patrick Wines 2017 Olsen Brothers Vineyard Riesling, Yakima Valley, $12
Best Buy! Winery owner Butch Milbrandt welcomed acclaimed Kendall Mix as his winemaker in the summer of 2017. The transition appears rather seamless because this marks the third consecutive vintage for Ryan Patrick’s Riesling from the Olsen family to earn a gold medal at a Northwest competition. Bold aromas of lemon and lime are joined by a hint of zesty white pepper. Those are followed by a palate full of citrus, pineapple and pear. This Riesling, a star at the 2018 Great Northwest Invite, has perfect acidity for the residual sugar that crests shy of 2%, making it a natural choice for pairing with sushi or blue cheese.
Production: 3,000 cases