- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Cadaretta 2014 Windthrow Red Wine, Columbia Valley $50
The Middleton family uses its Windthrow as a Rhône-inspired wine for its Cadaretta brand in Walla Walla. In the 2014 edition, the sources for this Syrah-heavy blend with Mourvèdre (15%) and Grenache (9%) go beyond the Middleton’s Southwind Vineyard and nearby young Monette Vineyard in the southern part of the Walla Walla Valley to include acclaimed StoneTree Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope. Classic Syrah notes of grilled meat and blackberry syrup include clove, coffee beans, malted milk balls and horehound. Slaty tannins and pleasing acidity akin to raspberry compote make for a round finish capped by a fanciful lick of black licorice.
Production: 259 cases