- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- This event has passed.
Bastille Day at Helvetia Winery on July 14
July 14 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$89
Celebrate Bastille Day on July 14 at Helvetia Winery with French food, French music and an evening of French fun. Celebrate this grand day with games, music, and a sumptuous dinner prepared by chefs Jean Broquere and Sebastien Guarderas of Fine Goose in Portland.
On July 14 at the Jakob Yungen House, we will celebrate America’s independence, a historic milestone that set the stage for people all over the world to strike out against tyranny. Memorializing the historic event that followed in the footsteps of the Declaration of July 4, 1776, France celebrates its constitutional democracy on July 14. This celebration is called “La Fête de la Fédération” but most commonly “Le 14 Juillet”.
During this celebration, fireworks and parades take place all over France, but for most, it still marks the anniversary of the storming of a grand fortress, la Bastille, that was infamous for holding political prisoners, during the first moments of the French Revolution in Paris in 1789.
At the time of the French Revolution, Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité was a motto of the revolution. It was written into the 1958 Constitution and is a significant part of the French national heritage.