- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Mercer Estates 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $28
A magical vintage in the hands of a talented winemaker with great fruit sources sets the table for a Cab of high style. This marked Jessica Munnell’s first vintage working for the Mercer brothers, and she incorporates a fair bit of Syrah (13%) in this melange that spent 26 months in barrel. That created an opulent and expressive nose of black cherry, black plum and raspberry licorice, clove and coffee with accents of rose petal and coffee. Inside, it’s loaded with a solid core of black fruit, bittersweet chocolate and dark toast. There’s beautiful balance with frontal tannins and a finish of blueberry acidity.
Production: 2,943 cases