- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Tinhorn Creek Vineyards 2013 Oldfield Series Estate 2Bench Red, Okanagan Valley, $31
The Oldfield family’s vision, investment and expertise continues to show with this Left Bank Bordeaux-style red from their estate plantings in British Columbia’s Southern Okanagan on the Black Sage Bench and Golden Mile Bench. Cabernet Sauvignon (47%), Cabernet Franc (24%), Merlot (20%), Malbec (6%) and Petit Verdot come together for aromas of huckleberry, violets and vanilla with cedar and white pepper. Black currant and Marionberry flavors bring juicy acidity and a pleasant crunch of blackberry seed tannin. Sandra Oldfield pioneered the large-scale use of screwcaps, so there’s no need to fear cork taint. At the tony Miradoro Restaurant next door to the winery, executive chef Jeff Van Geest pairs this with Venison Bolognese.
Production: 1,684 cases