- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Balboa Winery 2014 Pandemonium Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $55
The winemaking team of Tyler Grennan and co-owner Tom Glase developed a perfumy Syrah using the Glase family’s Eidolon Estate Vineyard in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater and a contribution from Summit View Vineyard, another underrated Syrah site in Oregon and adjacent to famed Seven Hills Vineyard. Alluring aromas of fresh-baked brownie, blue fruit and cedar lead to remarkable density on the palate with blueberry syrup, bittersweet chocolate, tamed tannins and ripe pomegranate.
Production: 98 cases