- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Le Cadeau Vineyard 2015 Équinoxe Reserve Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, $80
The Mortimers and winemaker Jim Sanders select three barrels from the heart of this 14-clone Parrett Mountain vineyard near Newberg, Ore., and devote several additional months in the cellar in order to create the smallest project in their Reserve Series trio. There are engaging baking spice aromas of nutmeg and allspice behind the plum, dried cherry and cranberry notes, followed by silky flavors of Bing cherry, spicy President plum and strawberry-rhubarb pie, which helps describe the brilliant nice/tannin balance to the finish.
Production: 72 cases