- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Canoe Ridge Vineyard 2016 The Expedition Malbec Horse Heaven Hills, $15
Best Buy! The winemaking team at this downtown Walla Walla winery pulled from a pair of Precept-controlled sites — Alder Ridge and Canoe Ridge Vineyard — to offer one of the Northwest’s largest and most affordable offerings of Malbec. It spent nine months in French oak, a third of those barrels new, and it’s redolent of dark purple fruit akin to elderberry, blueberry and Marionberry with notes of violet and wintergreen. Plum-skin tannins and mouthwatering acidity make for an extended finish. Look for these wines at Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway grocers as well as smaller independent chains and liquor stores.
Production: 2,236 cases