- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Pomum Cellars 2014 Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $24
Ribera del Duero native Javier Alfonso continues to show his talent with this exquisite Left Bank Bordeaux-inspired blend that features nearly equal amounts of Cabernet Sauvignon (32%) from Upland Vineyard and Cabernet Franc (31%) off Dineen Vineyard, two of the Yakima Valley’s top sites. Rich aromas of dark cherry, chocolate mousse with blueberry and sweet tobacco are matched on the creamy palate. Boysenberry acidity leads to a finish of chocolate-covered loganberry, which prompted our panel to vote the 2014 Red Wine as “Outstanding!” – the same rating for the Woodinville winemaker’s 2013 vintage.
Production: 636 cases