- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Gran Moraine Winery 2015 Chardonnay, Yamhill-Carlton, $45
A warm vintage made for an early September harvest at Gran Moraine Vineyard, a 210-acre site in the foothills west of Carlton, Ore., that’s well into its second decade of life in the Willamette Valley. This Jackson Family Wines project features a selection of Dijon clones and a 16-month barrel program. A small percentage of those barrels were new, and that sets up the theme of toasted almond, lemon and Bosc pear, making for a vibrant structure that picks up minerality along the way to a finish of toffee, pistachio and caramel Granny Smith apple.
Production: 1,258 cases