- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Abiqua Wind Vineyard 2015 Estate Isacc’s Reserve Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $25
The Buffington family started in 1978 to transform a strawberry field and timberland in Oregon’s Cascade Foothills into a vineyard where cool-climate varieties thrive. Here, Pinot Gris, Müller-Thurgau and Pinot Noir are the focus, and each year, Pete Buffington selects his top six barrels of Pinot Noir for this wine named for his first-born grandson. Its rosé-like appearance is joined by aromas of cherry pipe tobacco, dried strawberry and toffee. On the palate, the finesse continues as layers of raspberry and Montmorency cherry pick up more pipe tobacco, leading to a finish of chocolate-coverage orange peel.
Production: 135 cases