- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Township 7 Vineyards & Winery 2015 Seven Stars Sparkling Wine, Okanagan Valley, $27
One of the reasons Mary McDermott moved west from Ontario to British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley was to further develop her talents with sparkling wine, and she quickly has elevated Township 7 to among the leading producers in the Pacific Northwest. Her work here with 100% Chardonnay is a traditional blanc de blanc methode Champenoise project from just her second vintage at Township 7. Delicate aromas and flavors of pear and red apple are mingling on the palate with subtle yeast and sturdy bubbles, making this a solid hit to please a crowd or even the most discerning bubbles aficionado. This won best sparkling wine at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition, and bottles are available at both McDermott’s headquarters on the Naramata Bench and the “T7” tasting room south of Vancouver in Langley.
Production: 266 cases