Recipe courtesy of Rock Silva, Walla Walla Steak Co.
1 24-ounce bone-in ribeye
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
1. Allow steak to come to room temperature prior to cooking.
2. Season generously with salt and fresh-cracked pepper.
3. In a preheated cast iron pan, begin cooking steak in a small amount of rice bran oil or any other high temperature oil. NO OLIVE OIL!
4. Continuously flip steak until an internal temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit is achieved.
5. Remove steak from pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Marinated Spring Vegetables
2 pounds assorted spring vegetables such as green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, fingerling potatoes and asparagus
¾ cup quality olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 ounces chopped Italian parsley and oregano
1. Bring a heavily salted pot of water to the boil.
2. Set a large bowl with ice water aside.
3. For the marinade, combine herbs, red wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic.
4. Blanch green vegetables such as asparagus and green beans in boiling water until bright green and tender. Remove and shock in ice water.
5. For the tomatoes and potatoes, simply toss in olive oil and salt, then roast in a 300-degree oven for 30 minutes. Tomatoes should slightly pop.
6. Combine prepared vegetables with marinade and store in the refrigerator.
7. To serve vegetables, gently warm and serve over steak.