- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Best Northwest wines of 2015: 40-31
31. Maryhill Winery 2012 Painted Hills Vineyard Tempranillo, Columbia Valley, $24
Winemaker Richard Batchelor continues his remarkable ability to craft superb wines for Maryhill. This new addition to his lineup comes from Art den Hoed’s vineyard near the Yakima Valley town of Mabton, Wash. It opens with aromas of fruit leather, raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. On the entry, rich and plush flavors of blackberry and raspberry are backed by firm tannins and a lengthy finish.
Production: 235 cases