- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
Quady North 2013 GSM, Rogue Valley, $25
Herb Quady’s latest GSM-style blend lines up in just that order – Grenache (40%), Syrah (35%) and Mourvèdre. Smoke from forest fires in 2013 hovered over Southern Oregon, and there’s a touch of smoke in the nose of ripe raspberry, red cherry, light caramel and saddle leather. Dark red fruit flavors easily make their way onto the palate, bringing a good balance of acid with tannins and finishing with a nibble of chokecherry.
Production: 200 cases