- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Chateau Ste. Michelle kicks off Sessions concerts
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – For the second straight year, Chateau Ste. Michelle is bringing its popular concert series inside for the winter months.
Beginning this weekend, the Sessions Indoor Concerts return to Washington’s oldest, largest and most-visited winery.
The concept was launched a year ago and focused on smaller, more intimate concerts featuring talented artists with local or regional ties.
General admission seats are $25, while a new pre-concert VIP reception that includes wines and appetizers from executive chef Janet Hedstrom run $45 each.
The wine shop doors open at 7 p.m. for each concert, which is held in the barrel room. Concerts begin at 8 p.m.
This year’s lineup begins with Sunshine Junkies this Saturday. This concert already is sold out.
Here is the rest of the concert schedule:
[youtube id=”wENdYdVmgCc” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Feb. 6: Caety Sagoian, a soul/pop singer from Seattle. She’s also a voice actor for Super Mario Brothers video games.
[youtube id=”H9Y89De8n2c” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Feb. 20: Funky 2 Death is a Seattle-based funk/soul band that consists of Mark Mattrey, Woogie D, Jimmy James, Roc Phizzle, Melissa Montalto, Peter Daniel and Jason Cressey.
[youtube id=”vegUUEqgrCY” width=”620″ height=”360″]
March 6: Ian Skavdahl and Jordyn Day. Skavdahl, originally from Pullman, Wash., is now based in Seattle and plays folk, blues, jazz, alternative and acoustic rock. Day is a voice teacher and performer in Shoreline, Wash.
[youtube id=”ZFLpm0uL1PE” width=”620″ height=”360″]
March 13: Mealfrog is a six-piece band from Kirkland, Wash., whose members got their start in 2008 on stage at Danny’s Pub. Last year, the group ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to fun its second full-length album.
Chateau Ste. Michelle is famous for its summer concert series. Last year was the winery’s 30th season and included more than 20 concerts at its outdoor amphitheater, which seats more than 4,000. It regularly draws big-name acts.