- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer white
Often overlooked, Sauvignon Blanc from the Pacific Northwest is a perfect summer wine. It’s usually crisp, refreshing and perfect pairing with fresh Northwest cuisine.
Sauvignon Blanc from this corner of the wine world usually is not like what one might find from New Zealand or even California. We often perceive notes of melon, fresh herbs, lime and orchard fruit.
Our favorite pairings with Northwest Sauvignon Blanc include oysters (from raw to barbecued), seared scallops, grilled salmon, prawns, vegetable kebobs, Greek salads, tamales and even nopalitos con huevos.
Here are a half-dozen delicious examples that are ready to be chilled and enjoyed during these warm summer days.