- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Michelle NV Extra Dry, Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! Ste. Michelle Wine Estates’ longtime bubble man Rick Casqueiro make this delicious off-dry aperitif that’s ideal to take along to a holiday open house. The methode Champenoise blend of Chardonnay (63%), Pinot Noir (19%) and Pinot Gris gently tickles the nose with hints of cotton candy, pear, pineapple, caramel, baked bread and clove. It’s softer, gentler and more for the masses than many sparkling wines, bringing flavors of ripe pear, Golden Delicious apple and dried pineapple. There’s a bit of residual sugar at 2.2%, yet there’s plenty of acidity in the finish.
Pairings: A great meal starter, this off-dry bubbly also will appeal to most palates. Enjoy with stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.
Production: 25,000 cases