- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
An Outstanding case for Christmas
Seven Falls 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Wahluke Slope, $15
Best Buy! This is the best of the three wines under this new label from winemaker Doug Gore and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates. It is a smooth, supple red that is eminently approachable in its youth and priced to enjoy any night of the week. It opens with aromas of ripe raspberry, Belgian chocolate and black licorice. On the palate, it unveils plush, delicious flavors of boysenberry, black pepper, ripe plum and dark chocolate. Moderate tannins provide plenty of intensity on the entry and ample structure throughout. This is the kind of gentle and approachable yet firm Cabernet Sauvignons we’ve come to expect from Wahluke Slope grapes.
Production: 22,000 cases
Distribution: Primarily restaurants in Washington and Oregon, thought it also is for sale through the website.