- Alliance of Women in Washington Wine creates $5,000 scholarship
- Tinte Cellars adds second Red Mountain vineyard
- Pinot Gris by Iris Vineyards tops McMinnville Wine Classic judging
- Maryhill Winery climbs atop Platinum Awards all-time leaderboard
- Sniff, Sip, Swirl: Let’s Talk About Northwest Wines grows its following
- The Wine Knows: A new start for Great Northwest Wine
- Tasting Room Perspective: A wine club you don’t want to join
- A Vine Start: 23 years later, here’s another Volume 1, Issue No. 1
- Napa winemaker produces Platinum’s top wine at Chris Daniel Winery
- Pinot Noir catches on in Oregon as white wine
VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
From Red Mountain through Columbia Valley to Walla Walla, resident photojournalist Richard Duval spent most of October capturing harvest action in some of Washington’s finest vineyards. This column is Dispatch #6, entitled 6 Vineyards at Work.
Shaw Ridge Vineyard
Planted four year ago on the southeast side of Red Mountain, Shaw Ridge is latest estate vineyard of JM Cellars, managed by Marshall Edwards of Shaw Estates. October saw the vineyard’s first harvest – Grenache and Syrah – eagerly anticipated by John Bigelow, owner/winemaker of the Woodinville-based brand.
Lodmell Estate Vineyard
Red Willow Vineyard
Send your wine industry news items to firstname.lastname@example.org and help keep our readers (and us) up to date on the latest happenings in the Pacific Northwest wine community.