- Pinot Gris by Iris Vineyards tops McMinnville Wine Classic judging
- Maryhill Winery climbs atop Platinum Awards all-time leaderboard
- Sniff, Sip, Swirl: Let’s Talk About Northwest Wines grows its following
- The Wine Knows: A new start for Great Northwest Wine
- Tasting Room Perspective: A wine club you don’t want to join
- A Vine Start: 23 years later, here’s another Volume 1, Issue No. 1
- Napa winemaker produces Platinum’s top wine at Chris Daniel Winery
- Pinot Noir catches on in Oregon as white wine
- Red Mountain-focused Liberty Lake Wine Cellars bats 7-for-7 at Platinum Awards
- None in the top 10, but nine from Northwest get inside Wine Spectator’s top 60
PORTLAND, Ore. — In the four-decade history of the Oregon Vineyard and Winery Report, this year’s...
The July 2021 Weather and Climate Summary and Forecast by renowned environmental scientist Greg Jones brought...
PROSSER, Wash. — When Josh and Lisa Lawrence became part-owners of Desert Wind Winery and its...
More Grapes News
Southern Oregon starts June ahead of historically hot 2015 vintage
As Northwest wine country officially enters summer, the forecast for the region signals a...
- Posted June 17, 2020
‘Slow and steady harvest’ forecast for Northwest grapes in 2019
The 2019 vintage has entered the homestretch in the Pacific Northwest, and the weather...
- Posted September 4, 2019
Apples to grapes: The path to the Lake Chelan AVA
Editor’s note: This marks the second of a two-part series by Judy Phelps, past-president...
- Posted June 2, 2019
2019 vintage off to warm start in Northwest vineyards
The Pacific Northwest wine industry won’t soon forget the snow and cold of February,...
- Posted May 6, 2019
Cabernet Sauvignon production grows by 29 percent in Washington wine industry
SEATTLE – Winemakers in Washington state crushed more Cabernet Sauvignon in 2018 than ever...
- Posted March 14, 2019
Washington wine grape 2017 harvest down by 16 percent
SEATTLE – As predicted last fall, Washington’s wine grape crop fell short of record...
- Posted March 2, 2018
Dry December leaves longterm concern for Northwest snowpack
Vines for wine grapes don’t require as much water as most crops, but the...
- Posted January 7, 2018