- Bledsoe, McDaniels buy Hope Well Vineyard in Oregon’s Eola-Amity Hills
- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
- Heat units in Northwest vineyards as much as 29% ahead of last year
- Washington Wine Industry Foundation awards 6 of its 7 scholarships to women
- Kiona, Barnard Griffin toast 40th Red Mountain harvest with fundraiser Cab
- Pandemic prompts Red Mountain wineries to postpone consumer weekend
PORTLAND, Ore. — In the four-decade history of the Oregon Vineyard and Winery Report, this year’s...
The July 2021 Weather and Climate Summary and Forecast by renowned environmental scientist Greg Jones brought...
PROSSER, Wash. — When Josh and Lisa Lawrence became part-owners of Desert Wind Winery and its...
More Grapes News
Southern Oregon starts June ahead of historically hot 2015 vintage
As Northwest wine country officially enters summer, the forecast for the region signals a...
- Posted June 17, 2020
‘Slow and steady harvest’ forecast for Northwest grapes in 2019
The 2019 vintage has entered the homestretch in the Pacific Northwest, and the weather...
- Posted September 4, 2019
Apples to grapes: The path to the Lake Chelan AVA
Editor’s note: This marks the second of a two-part series by Judy Phelps, past-president...
- Posted June 2, 2019
2019 vintage off to warm start in Northwest vineyards
The Pacific Northwest wine industry won’t soon forget the snow and cold of February,...
- Posted May 6, 2019
Cabernet Sauvignon production grows by 29 percent in Washington wine industry
SEATTLE – Winemakers in Washington state crushed more Cabernet Sauvignon in 2018 than ever...
- Posted March 14, 2019
Washington wine grape 2017 harvest down by 16 percent
SEATTLE – As predicted last fall, Washington’s wine grape crop fell short of record...
- Posted March 2, 2018
Dry December leaves longterm concern for Northwest snowpack
Vines for wine grapes don’t require as much water as most crops, but the...
- Posted January 7, 2018