- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Search results for "Stottle"
LACEY, Wash. — David Volmut, who has made Italian varieties a focus of Wind Rose Cellars on Washington’s Olympic Peninsula, produced a 2013 Primitivo from acclaimed StoneTree Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope that won best of show at...
- Posted August 19, 2018
RICHLAND, Wash. — Hagen Kruger and Wild Goose Vineyards in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley are doing their best to make sure Pinot Gris does not get overlooked in the Pacific Northwest or at the Cascadia Wine Competition....
- Posted April 16, 2018
Viognier, the noble white grape of the northern Rhône Valley of France, has started to gain a strong foothold in the Pacific Northwest, rolling in on the wave of interest in Rhône varieties in our region. It’s...
- Posted January 14, 2018
Viognier ranks among the most maddening and confounding grapes. It is difficult to grow, and it is equally difficult to make into a balanced and delicious wine. Yet the grape and its often highly floral aromatics has...
- Posted June 25, 2017
In the past decade, the biggest growth in wine has been the category of red blends. Seattle wine shops have mentioned remodeling to accommodate the large number being produced. In our competitions, the category is far bigger...
- Posted June 12, 2017
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – Wine experts rarely are unanimous when it comes to gold-medal wines, so we asked our judges at the fifth annual Cascadia Wine Competition to list some of their favorite wines. We dub these...
- Posted April 17, 2017
LACEY, Wash. — Mosquito Fleet Winery, a boutique producer on Washington’s Kitsap Peninsula paying tribute to the small ferries that buzzed around Puget Sound, used a 2013 Malbec to win best of show honors at the 2017...
- Posted April 9, 2017
HOOD RIVER, Ore. — Last year’s harvest at Wild Goose Vineyards will forever be remembered as Adolf Kruger’s final vintage, and the 2016 Pinot Gris produced by his sons and grandsons in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley won...
- Posted March 23, 2017
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – Dunham Cellars added a page to its history of award-winning winemaking Thursday when the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon XIX from the Walla Walla winery was selected as best of show at the fourth annual...
- Posted October 6, 2016
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – It’s not the easiest judging to organize, but the standards for next week’s annual Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition are simple. If one of 20 West Coast wine influentials is a fan of...
- Posted September 26, 2016