- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
Sparkling wine for Thanksgiving
While we often wait for holidays or another special occasion to pop a bottle of bubbly, it’s actually a wine that is as versatile at the table as any you’re likely to find.
For your Thanksgiving table, a bottle of sparkling wine is the perfect way to kick off the feast. Fortunately, a few wineries in the Pacific Northwest specialize in bubbles, including Michelle (formerly Domaine Ste. Michelle), Argyle, Karma, Kramer and Treveri.
In this collection of sparkling wines we’ve recently tasted is a sparkling cranberry wine from Westport Winery. This just might be the perfect Thanksgiving wine.