- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- Auction of Washington Wines grows Private Barrel lots by 55 percent
- Parks Redwine, owner of NorthWest Wine Summit competition, dies in Atlanta
- 15 years of women in wine at Walla Walla Community College
- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
Affordable whites wine abundant across Pacific Northwest
White wines often are seen as less expensive than reds. Why? Well, the grapes are less expensive to buy, the wines often are made in reusable stainless steel instead of expensive oak, and the wines are made more quickly so they can get to market faster.
No matter how you add it up, white wines can be a better bargain.
Here are a dozen delicious examples of white wines from throughout the Pacific Northwest that we’ve tasted recently that retail for $15 or less.
Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.