- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Cabernet Franc builds upon following as ‘third Bordeaux’
Dusted Valley Vintners 2013 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, $42
A collection of some of Washington’s premier vineyards – Dionysus, Elephant Mountain, Olsen and StoneTree – go in this bottling that’s a street-legal Cabernet Franc but with significant contributions from Merlot (20%), Petit Verdot (3%) and Malbec (2%). Aromas include hints of herbs de Provence, cherry tobacco, white chocolate and damp cement, followed by an easy drink of ripe Rainier cherry and chocolate-covered orange peel. Pleasing cranberry juice acidity and nicely managed tannins make for nice length.
Production: 250 cases