- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Red blends big deal across great Northwest
Patterson Cellars NV Due Anni Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $20
Multiple vintages and eight varieties, paced by Cabernet Sauvignon (36%) and Syrah (17%), paved the way for Woodinville winemaker John Patterson’s annual proprietary red blend. Aromas of cordial cherry, plum and Heinz’s Blend pipe tobacco lead to flavors of Hostess cherry pie, blackberry jam and bittersweet chocolate, backed by nice grip of tannin. The success of this bottling has prompted Patterson to quadruple production of Due Anni over the past two years.
Production: 2,000 cases